The Town Council approved a number of appointments to boards and committees following interviews of several candidates for open positions recently.
The majority of the open positions were filled with re-appointed members at the Dec. 21 meeting; however, the Senior Resources Committee will welcome newly appointed full member John Goglia, the Zoning Board of Adjustment newly appointed full member Suzanne Brunelle and the Recreation Commission newly appointed full member Chantal Schreiner.
Appointments to open positions on the Conservation Commission were tabled to the Town Council’s next meeting after Alternate member Roger Fillio requested the Commission consider him for a full member position.
Other applicants for the two full member positions and one alternate position on the Commission are members Mike Speltz, Eugene Harrington, and Mike Considine; and new applicants Mike Byerly and Julie Christenson-Collins.
Although Brunelle, an attorney and Londonderry High School alumna, applied for a position on the Planning Board, the Council asked in her interview if she would consider serving on the Zoning Board.
Brunelle practiced law in Boston for more than 20 years, and is now an attorney with Divine-Millimet, a firm in Manchester.
While she expressed a preference for a position on the Planning Board, Brunelle said she is happy to serve where her skills are most needed.
“I would love to give back,” said Brunelle, who practices in real estate and banking.
“You have a background that is needed, especially with the Zoning Board being a quasi-judicial board,” Councilor Tom Dolan said. “My preference would be to leverage your background and expertise on that board. Although an attorney’s expertise on the Planning Board is good too, I think it’s more paramount on the Zoning Board.”
“We have a development agreement in place for Woodmont (Commons),” Chairman John Farrell said. “We need a strong presence on the Zoning Board, and we think you would fulfill that well.”
Other appointments to the various boards and committees included the following:
• Leitha Reilly, Scott Benson and Ann Chiampa were re-appointed to alternate positions on the Planning Board.
• Susan Haussler and Flo Silva were reappointed full member positions on the Senior Resources Committee.
• Marty Srugis and Sue Joudrey were reappointed full member positions on the Heritage Commission.
• Julie Liese, Reed Clark and Art Rugg, who also serves as chairman of the Planning Board and Heritage Commission, were re-appointed full member positions on the International Exchange Committee.
• Ron Campo, Kevin Foley and Bill Manning were re-appointed to full member positions on the Recreation Commission.
• Reilly and Srugis were appointed to alternate positions on the Southern New Hampshire Planning Commission.
• Neil Dunn was re-appointed to a full member position on the Zoning Board.
• Gary Stewart and Paul Margolin were re-appointed to full member positions on the Solid Waste and Environment Committee.
Positions still remain open on the Joint Negotiation Committee and Housing and Redevelopment Authority, for which the Town has not received any applications.